Role Name: Quality Manager
Rates / Salary: £45,000 plus annual bonus (7.5%)
Outsource UK's leading engineering client are looking to appoint a Quality Manager to be based in Eastbourne.
The candidate will report directly to the General Manager and will become a member of leadership team. One of the key aspects of the role will be to identify and propose improvements to the key processes on site that will enable the site to achieve its business objectives
To be successful in this role you will need
The ability to drive action on multiple complex activities where active prioritisation is a continual requirement in line with the delivery wider business needs.
Strategic development of local business processes to continually improve the effectiveness of local and global business management processes.
Accountability for managing site audits, corrective actions support and follow up.
Facilitation of the process to identify and control new and existing risks and opportunities.
Leading the development of a positive culture within the business that is conducive to all teams and individuals.
- Ensure that the clients Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements by implementing the PPAP process.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, review and auditing of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the Eastbourne PC's products.
- Identify opportunities for the continual improvement of the key processes on site and make improvements as appropriate.
- Coordinate the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and NCR's raised in the FRACAS system ensuring that the 8D process is consistently followed.
- Lead the team of quality engineer and calibration operatives.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years' experience of operating in a senior management team role in a quality discipline.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Membership of professional body Chartered Quality Institute is preferred.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills area prerequisite.
- Self-starter, effective time manager and effective line manager.
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email email@example.com