Quality/Project Assurance Engineer - Quality, AS9100 / ISO 9001, Def. Stans and AQAPs
A Project/Quality Assurance Engineer with AS9100 / ISO 9001, Def. Stans and AQAPs is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Basildon
Overview of the Quality/Project Assurance Engineer contract role
We are looking to recruit an Assurance Engineer, based at its site in Basildon, to cover Parental Leave. This exciting and demanding role will be supporting a number of Projects across the Imaging, Sensors & Protection LoB, driving quality in at the front end of the design and ensuring this is maintained throughout the Product Lifecycle.
Job Description of the Quality/Project Assurance Engineer contract role
Providing an independent Assurance Governance ensuring that Projects are executed in accordance with defined business processes and that agreed Customer Quality requirements are realised in line with planned Customer expectations. To provide specialist Project Assurance support to Customers, Project Managers and the Supply Chain, while ensuring delivery of agreed quality requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
Key Responsibility Areas of the Quality/Project Assurance Engineer contract role
- Effective capture and implementation of Customer-specific Quality Requirements (Incl: Def. Stans and AQAPs),
- Ensuring that requirements are articulated in Management Plans, Engineering Specifications and Drawings,
- The Quality Management of the project's international Supply Chain, via effective flow-down of quality requirements, Surveillance Audits and First Article Verification Activities,
- Monitoring the effectiveness of project realisation activities, and reporting status to Senior Management and QA (e.g. witness testing, review and approval of engineering documents and software),
- Management of Project quality issues (e.g. C of Cs, Advice Notes, Concessions),
- Act as the primarily focal point of contact, on all customer project quality issues. (incl. Complaint Management), and the Supply Chain.
- In consultation with the PM / Subcontract Management ensure the Quality of Deliverables from Supply Chain.
- Conduct Data Analysis (MRB / FRB) and report preparation activities on behalf of the Project Assurance Manager and Project Managers.
- Support the Project Assurance Manager in managing the AS9100D Management System Requirements and conducting Internal Audit against a Program that ensures activities are conducted in accordance with the defined management system,
- Bid support and the planning of Project Assurance effort for budgeting purposes.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge of the Quality/Project Assurance Engineer
The following skills and experience are required: (can be split further into 'essential' and 'desirable' according to each specific role)
- Essential: Self-motivated individual who works on own initiative and is comfortable leading or being of a team
- Essential: At Least 7+ years practical experience working in a quality assurance / project assurance discipline within an electronic design and manufacture environment preferably in Defence Industry.
- Essential: Extensive knowledge of the requirements of AS9100 / ISO 9001 (and equivalent standards e.g. AQAP, Def Stans etc).
- Essential: have the ability to obtain SC level of security clearance.
- Essential: Management of complex, demanding international Supply Chain.
Personal Attributes of the Quality/Project Assurance Engineer
- Essential: HNC / HND in an Engineering discipline.
- Desirable: Certificate / Diploma in Quality Management
The role is based in Basildon, Essex
If you are a Quality Assurance Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything