Quantity Surveyors - Commercial, Contracts, Tenders, Front End
Quantity Surveyors with Commercial and Contracts experience is required to work on a 6-12 month contract + with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow
This is a contract within the Naval Defence Industry.
Overview of the Quantity Surveyors contract role
The Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for all commercial aspects of sub-contract management.
- Ensure commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed from procurement to interim and final account agreement, in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing option and /or best practice.
- Provide Programme and Project management team with advice and assistance on all matters relating to Contract Performance and Commercial issues in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing option and /or best practice.
- Assist the Programme manager with establishing and agreeing the contractual Programme, forecasting and reporting project commercial performance.
- Assist Programme Managers, as required, securing, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget
- Accountable to the Programme Manager for maximisation of the commercial benefit of all subcontracts and effective management of contract changes in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing options and /or best practice.
- Provide guidance and input into regular progress and contract performance meetings to facilitate agreement of contractual changes and payments whilst ensuring that the contractual timeframes are complied with.
- Assist Programme Managers with performance evaluation against anticipated performance, and investigate reasons for variances in cost and value;
- Accountable for reporting over measure or cost adjustments required to accurately represent performance;
- Assist with early warnings, risk identification, management, mitigation and tracking
Key skills required for the Quantity Surveyors
- Fully qualified Quantity Surveyor required - experience is essential for this role
- 5 years + Quantity Surveying experience within a relevant sector in the Construction industry
- Robust experience of commercial contracts
- Experience of developing innovative contract solutions to enhance supply-chain delivery
- Experience in Marine/Oil/Gas/Construction preferable
- Excellent communications skills and confidence in building relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Good problem solving skills
- Adapts well to change
- Able to work within time-constraints
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).