The Recruitment Manager is focused on planning, coordinating and delivering recruitment in line with agreed Business Requirements. Working within the People Services - Service Delivery Team working collaboratively with hiring managers, the HR team and key/senior stakeholders for their area.
The role holder will shape and deliver appropriate recruitment solutions which assist in achieving the overall Business Stream objectives, enact the Business Stream's Recruitment Plans whilst providing Business stream and programme leads with recruitment knowledge & expertise as well as managing and co-ordinating business stream recruitment forecasting activity.
- Accountability for ensuring overall Business stream approved recruitment requirements are managed and delivered working in partnership with Shared services, AMS and the broader Service Delivery team
- Provide Recruitment expertise to Programme, Sector & Campaign teams to support development of Recruitment plan.
- Responsible for developing and delivering recruitment supply solutions, providing confidence to Senior Stakeholders that future requirements will be met.
- Analysis of resource demands both short term and medium term (at Business stream/functional/ MS level and recommend) collaboratively with Strategic Resourcing Manager to ensure alignment to SWP
- Co-ordinate Recruitment forecasting for the Business Streams
- Provide recruitment planning status into Business Stream monthly reviews ensuring forecasts updated to reflect any movements in assumptions, risk or schedule.
- Coach line managers/hiring managers in their recruitment responsibilities
- Work effectively with Service Delivery counterparts, Strategic resourcing Managers within Maritime Services, Shared Services and the UK Centres of Expertise to ensure continuous improvement and LfE implemented to ensure effective and efficient delivery
- Lead People Services people projects as required
- Requires significant depth and breadth of knowledge relating to Recruitment
- Recognised as an expert within recruitment and its application in the business
- Business related degree or equivalent comprehensive experience
- Sound knowledge of resourcing/recruitment processes, procedures and systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Project Management principles and Lifecycle Management
- Works independently. Deputises for the Head of Service Delivery
- Applies subject area knowledge across recruitment projects within Maritime Services.
- Understands how Maritime Services operates. Has a comprehensive understanding of the external environment, including knowledge of resourcing processes, and understands how to apply this internally to differentiate the business from competitors
- Understands how resourcing activity integrates and influences business and wider process performance
- Provides career coaching and facilitation role, increases the knowledge and skill base of Hiring/ Senior managers.
- Line Manager to Recruitment advisor.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to junior members of the Services Delivery team
Nature of Impact
- The role has a direct impact on the business streams.
- The provision of tasks/services are closely related to the work of others and therefore the role impacts the effectiveness of the HR team in which they reside and those that are closely related.
- Takes decisions which could have business,cost or people impact with little or no input required from their peers/managers.
Area of Impact
- This role will be capable of supporting the business streams , it's IBP and the people plan
- This role will be required to scope, develop and deliver recruitment projects
- The impact is at an 'Area' level which impacts the Business Stream Sub Function
- Largely liaising with Senior Managers, HR, Line Managers and their teams on a regular basis. Likely to liaise with other UK businesses, CoEs and HR Services.
- Has strong communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide, influence and persuade colleagues, managers and external agencies
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk