SAP BI Technical Consultant
Based in London (working from home until further notice) a SAP BI Technical Consultant is required on a contract basis to work in the Treasury, Risk & Finance (TRF) unit within the IT Application & Integration team.
You will work with the SD Team Leads and project managers as well as specialist IT resources and support teams in IT to support the SAP BI system architecture. You will be expected to provide effective solutions to demanding service requirements in addition to technical support on the application.
Candidates can work through their Limited Company for this role.
- To provide daily technical support to users of the SAP BI system architecture
- Provide technical SAP BI support requiring investigation, assessment and resolution of support issues which may involve the design, build and modification of SAP BI data objects, mappings, reports and transformations.
- Perform technical development and testing of existing interfaces to adapt to changes in source and delivery systems.
- Provide input to the planning and implementation further system enhancements to the production SAP integration and reporting environments
- Responsible for ensuring that all technical and support documentation is updated (including SOPs) so that adequate service levels can be maintained
- Perform ad-hoc, informal training as and when required
- Undertake other tasks, within skill set, as directed by management
- Support the transition of the 1st Line Support to our appointed Third Party Provider.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of SAP BI version 7.3 or greater is essential.
- 5 years minimum SAP BI support, configuration & delivery essential.
- 5 years ABAP Objects, object oriented programming and ABAP shared memory knowledge essential.
- Remote RPC/BAPI, XML processing, SOAP over HTTP and firm understanding of SOA essential.
- Knowledge of SQL, RDBMS (Oracle, MSSQL) and enterprise data modelling essential.
- Knowledge with non-SAP sources/extractors for SAP BI required.
- Knowledge and understanding of ETL principles and enterprise data-warehousing required.
- Knowledge of WebDynpro interface development an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a finance and banking environment an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in an IT Support environment an advantage.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and Outsource UK will be in touch.