Scrum Master - SAFE
A Scrum Master is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset but there may be the options for some remote working.
Overview of the Scrum Master contract role
A Scrum Master, ideally from an engineering background is required to work on a Submarines/Complex Systems and Support programme. The role is SC level so candidates must have a full and live SC.
Specific tasks as a scrum master are as follow:
- Plan deliverables with the Scrum Team
- Resolve issues that hinder the teams' work
- Schedule coordinate and facilitate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily Scrums for the teams
- Coach team members in the Scrum framework ensuring they understand, participate and contribute to Scrum ceremonies.
- Assist in delivery of Scrum at scale, building a collaborative culture within the team and across the programme by encouraging and facilitating in positive cross team behaviours that support agile working.
- Plan and forecast releases with the Product Owner
- Work with product owners to manage and order Product Backlog items and new requests
- Ensure the appropriate use of Jira by the team ensuring it supports the Scrum framework providing data to ensure the delivery of required performance metrics
- As external embeds, to bring Scrum best practice and discipline in order to instil the correct behaviours to achieve higher scrum maturity
- Embed/Socialise new joiners
- Generate sprint metrics for stakeholder review
The role is based in Weymouth, Dorset - commutable from Dorchester, Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Blandford Forum, Bere Regis, Bovington, Sherborne, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Honiton, Axminster, Lyme Regis and Bridport
If you are a Scrum Master looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.