Role Name: Security Analyst
Location: Woking/South Cerney (can work from home a few days a week if required)
Rates / Salary: £25,000
Summary/ Main purpose
Outsource UK's client is looking for an ambitious Junior Security Analyst with a strong work ethic and desire to learn to be in at the start of this journey. You will be offered tailored development plans, certifications and exposure to some of the leading technologies in the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for the clients Security incidents, reacting quickly to identify and contain breaches on internal networks
- Provide 1st line telephone, e-mail and ticket routing services for security event notifications and incident response processes. Provide initial analysis and make security event determinations on any alarm severity, planning the escalation and response routing.
- Understanding and performing analysis and interpretation of information from the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), other SOC monitoring systems, system event logs and network traffic logs
- Maintaining a secure client environment via monitoring networks and assessing threat vulnerability via SIEM tools.
- Be the Security escalation path for the engineering and support teams across the business.
- Maintain accurate records and logs of Security Incidents and provide a monthly report detailing incidents, rot causes and resolution of incidents
- Create a monitoring solution and update plan for all core security and network infrastructure to ensure we are operating at the most recent and secure O/S and firmware's available
- Experience in an international enterprise corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft domain infrastructures (including azure cloud services)
- Experience of Network security and SIEM / SOAR tools - TCP / IP, Logrythm, Qradar, Splunk
- Working knowledge of networking equipment such as Firewalls, Switches, Routers, WAP's, etc (ideally WatchGuard Firewalls, and Juniper Networking products)
- Experience of Security solutions such as Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Spam email filters, Web browsing filters, Anti-Phishing tools, etc. (any exposure to KnowBe4, Barracuda and Microsoft products would be ideal)
- Working knowledge of the activities, processes and practices required as part of ISO 27001 compliance.
For further information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email email@example.com