Security Assurance Professional
A Security Assurance Professional with knowledge of security policies and standards is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within Naval Defence.
Overview of the Security Assurance Professional contract role
- Under the UKMOD Common Support Model (CSM) complex Warship Design Authority is comprised of the DE&S Warship Approving Authority (WAA) and the Warship Technical Authority (WTA).
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that Class security accreditation is maintained throughout the in-service life of the (QEC), Type 45 (T45) and Hunt Classes by supporting the MOD's Security Assurance Co-ordinators for these ships.
- The role is also required to assess the Threats and Risks to Class security and provide assurance that appropriate mitigating action is undertaken by the enterprise. The context for the role is one of significant ongoing change which requires a mature, adaptable and dynamic individual to ensure that security accreditation issue are fully addressed across all 3 classes.
The post holder will provide input, as directed by the WTA Hub Manager, to briefs at WTA Hub, COM, Board or IPT level associated with security accreditation activities.
Responsibilities of the Security Assurance Professional
- Lead the management and continuous development of the Security Accreditation posture of the T45 and QEC Platforms to achieve and maintain Class Accreditation.
- Undertake the role of QEC and T45 Class Security Assurance Coordinator, as outlined in DE&S BP CSM/117, including the provision of advice to the Class Lead Engineers on the application of policy, standards, guidance and products. (This will also require liaison with the Customer Cyber Defence and Risk Accreditor, SAC and all relevant stakeholders to ensure Class Accreditation is achieved and maintained through life.)
- Conduct in-depth security risk assessments using aspects of IS1&2 and NIST's Risk Management Framework to support the overarching security risk management process.
- Maintain and develop existing security and accreditation documentation, namely RMADs and security management plans, to support continued security accreditation.
Key skills required for the Security Assurance Professional
- Extensive knowledge of relevant security policy (such as JSPs 440 and 604), procedures, and practices and standards (such as NIST, ISO27001 and IS1 & 2).
- Possess security industry leading qualifications / certifications, such as: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CCP SIRA (Senior), or extensive professional experience.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Security Assurance professional looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything