Role Name: Security Consultant
Location: London/WFH with travel to client site
Hiring Basis: Permanent
Rates / Salary: £60,000-£75,000 per annum plus bonus
What You'll Do
As a Security Consultant you will play a leading role in the Security team ensuring the delivery of projects within distinct programmes of work or across multiple work-streams. The security Business Unit's Mission is to provide Security Assurance solutions in the areas of Network Security, Cybersecurity, IdAM, IOT and Cloud.
As a technical consultant you will be using your knowledge of Security products, technologies and best practice as part of a project team providing solution architecture, design and implementation phases to understand, normalise and document customer requirements, identify viable technical options and to engineer and develop high-level and low-level designs. The role will require you to develop personalised customer security patterns, policies and procedures involving people, process and technology. You may also be asked to support or manage solution delivery, test phases and solution onboarding activities.
Desired Skills - One or more of the following:
- Strong knowledge of the security landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for assessment, mitigation and remediation)
- Demonstratable experience of securing Active Directory project deliveries and ongoing refinement, formal certification is welcome, not essential.
- Experience in technical consultancy / solutions design/Architecture within a technology vendor, service provider, systems integrator or management consultancy.
- Exposure to architecture/design/operational management across a wide range of IP network products, technologies and their associated management systems.
- Experience of solution design using a mix of single and multiple vendor components.
- Previous experience in technical requirements capture, assessment and technical options proposals.
- Knowledge of and experience in formulating / applying security best practices and industry standards in the areas of infrastructure configuration hardening and Data Centre zoning environments.
- Sound understanding of international information security standards such as ISO 27001, NIST, CIS.
- Experience of any of the following is not essential but would be a distinct advantage: Network Packet Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Test tools, Future Networks solutions (SDN / NFV / Orchestration), and scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Java.
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail you can contact our recruitment partner Outsource UK for more information. Contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email LFahey@outsource-uk.co.uk.