A Senior Buyer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Washington Tyne & Wear.
Overview of the Buyer contract role
My client have been awarded a Munitions Supply contract which requires capital investment across its sites, mainly around plant & equipment and site infrastructure. This additional spend has highlighted the need for additional resource to help delivery this investment and ensure the value for money is achieved.
I am seeking resource who can quickly develop relationships with key stakeholders who can influence change by reinforcing a robust procurement process to include:
- Specifying requirements,
- Identifying potential suppliers,
- Running e-sourcing events - Coupa.
- Co-ordinating the evaluation, down-select, negotiation and award,
- Managing the transaction (SAP/Coupa),
- Identifying and obtaining approval of cost savings to the business, and
- Managing suppliers to ensure delivery of goods/services as agreed.
- Areas of spend may include a wide range of plant and equipment (machining centres, industrial press, spray paint booth, inspection/measuring equipment, cooling, etc. In addition, there is a wide range of infrastructure projects to improve site buildings.
- Each site has appointed teams with a specific focus on delivering NMGs investment. I see this resource being a fundamental part of the team to deliver the investment and maximise cost savings.
- In summary, a self-starter (x 3) who can influence change by getting close to the site stakeholders and demonstrate the value we can bring.
The role is based in Washington Tyne & Wear. Commutable from Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Darlington, Middlesborough
If you are a Senior Buyer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything