Role: Senior Buyer
Competitive salary (in line with experience) plus excellent benefits
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their Imports & Export controls division. They specialise in the development and manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector. They also operate in the commercial sector, including airports within security systems.
- Procurement of assigned key and strategic commodities of materials to meet the Manufacturing Programme at best value and to the given quality levels
- Maintain a balanced level of inventory against the Manufacturing Programme
- Meeting the make-to-order requirements of the Operations Business whilst minimising inventory exposure use of supplier owned consignment stock
- Identify and recommend global sourcing opportunities
- Contribute to and provide leadership in value streaming improvement programmes as required.
- Contribute to new product introduction projects as required
- Providing support and advice to other members of Procurement team relating to best practice of the Procurement activity
- Any other tasks associated with this role as required by the needs of the procurement and logistics manager.
- Negotiate various site facility contracts on an annual basis and to budget.
- Meet all KPI's set for the department by the manager in terms of on time delivery, MPV and PPV.
- To be fully aware at all times of the commodity costs and values of base materials and currencies.
- Benchmark all suppliers at least once per annum to ensure best cost.
- Be fully aware of the difference between price and cost.
- Build relationships with our approved supply chain.
- Identify, qualify and recommend alternative suppliers for commodities for which you have responsibility.
- Work closely with the quality and supplier development team to ensure 100% quality of procured goods and services.
- Experience within a purchasing role at Senior Buyer level
- Demonstrate experience of MRP, kanban, contract law, negotiation and working within a change culture organisation
- Demonstrate experience of working within teams
- Very good communication skills
- Has a "can do" attitude to solving problems
- Possesses drive, initiative and flair in order to anticipate and take appropriate action to maximise profit and cash
- Possesses the desire to recommend and implement change within the supply chain
- Willingness to travel on company business both in the UK and abroad at short notice.
For full details on this role please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything