Senior Design Engineer - CATIA V5
A Senior Design Engineer with CATIA V5 & Airframe design experience is required to work on a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Lancashire.
Overview of the Design Engineer contract role
To develop current and next generation aircraft products and technologies, numerous opportunities exist for those interested in the challenges across several lifecycle phases. The Tempest programme has provided a significant increase in Design Engineering resource demand
The Airframe Design Engineering Discipline is responsible for producing the physical product definition against a set of system functional requirements from multiple sources.
Key skills required for the Design Engineer
- Must hxperience in an Airframe Design or Structures role.
- We are looking for candidates who typically hold a relevant engineering qualification to HNC/HND level or above.
- Experience of operating in an airframe design role preferably in one or more phases of an airframe product lifecycle desirable.
- To demonstrate a level of proficiency in CATIA V5 / Capital Logic or equivalent toolsets (dependent on role), and experience in a PLM system.
- Experience of managing Design tasks to meet design review criteria and programme schedules preferable.
- Preferably candidates would have experience working in a multidisciplinary integrated product development environment influencing adjacent Airframe and Systems disciplines.
- Experience in leading/guiding other Design staff preferable.
- Ideally candidates would have experience in independent design checking/approval.
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are a Design Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.