Senior Structural Designer (Shipbuilding)
A Senior Structural Designer with Ship Building or Oil & Gas experience is required to work on a twelve month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Barrow.
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Senior Structural Designer contract role
- Develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other Technical Outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget)
- Develop and draw 2D Diagrams, utilising the relevant tool-set.
- 3D Integration within the Product Model
- Produce other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements
- Provide and produce relevant calculations.
- Produce drawing outputs from the 3D Model
- Perform self-verification of own work
- Cross checking of peers and subordinates work
- Produce Process Standards
Key skills required for the Senior Structural Designer
- HNC or equivalent qualification or experience in mechanical engineering, structural engineering or naval architecture discipline
- Design experience gained in one of the following areas: submarines, surface vessels, aerospace, oil & gas or offshore
- Experience or familiarity with FORAN package (or transferrable packages PDMS, CADDS5 or Catia v5 or v6)
- Shipbuilding experience preferred Ideally will have experience of PED related tasks - jigs, rigs etc
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Main hull
- Seats and mounting arrangements
- Walkways/ platforms
- Doors and hatches
- Compartment layouts
If you are a Senior Structural Designer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're proud to be one of the country's largest independent recruitment companies, supplying highly-skilled technology, change and engineering talent to clients within a range of specialist sectors.
Companies today are inundated with data, which can make finding the people with the skills they really need even more difficult. At Outsource, our sole purpose is to source, select, organise and present you with specialist candidates, while providing you with the insight you need to understand the talent pools. We call it Curating Specialist Talent, and it's how we ensure you get the staffing results you're looking for.
Our success is built on a uniquely consultative approach and we are committed to working in partnership with our clients, our candidates and each other. We listen. We understand. We offer forward-thinking, efficient strategies and deliver tailor-made permanent, contract and interim recruitment solutions. Above all, we enable the companies and organisations we work with to thrive.
Talk to us today about how we can take care of everything for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything