Senior Electronics Engineer (Signal Processing)
A Senior Electronics Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Southampton.
Overview of the Senior Electronics Engineer (Signal Processing) contract role
My client are looking for an engineer with signal processing knowledge to join the R&D team for aircraft SATCOM and Mesh radio network solutions based in Southampton. The role will be initially focussed on the signal processing aspects of the communications waveform; to be implemented on laboratory and aircraft concept demonstrators in later stages of the project. The engineer will provide technical support throughout the product lifecycle including design implementation, integration and test, system trials and product delivery.
The signal processing engineer will be part of the Airborne Communications product development group within the Integrated Sensing & Protection; interacting with partner organisations / sub-contractors and potential customers.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for delivery of specific work packages focussed on signalling processing supporting the communications waveform definition and system emulation.
- Modelling of signal processing candidate architectures to determine the optimal waveform solution.
- Documentation of analysis supporting waveform solution.
- Support laboratory hardware demonstrator development.
You must have:
- Knowledge of signal processing concepts.
- Experience in signal processing (e.g. University or industry projects).
- Ability to use of signal processing modelling / simulation tools (e.g. MATLAB or other signal processing development software).
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports.
- Graduate degree in relevant engineering or related scientific discipline (Electronics Engineering preferred).
- Ability to work independently, managing own workload and reporting accurately and regularly on progress.
- Ability to make technical decisions within own sphere of responsibility.
- Willingness to work proactively within a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Ability to be a team player with a willingness to share ideas and communicate well within a project team environment.
It would be nice if you have:
- Knowledge / experience of specific FPGA / DSP implementations.
- Board level design experience including PCB design tools.
- Experience in system level and sub-system integration and debug.
The role is based in Southampton. Commutable from Portsmouth, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Electronics Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything