Senior Engineer - Outfit
A Senior Outfit Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
Overview of the Outfit contract role
Undertake a defined range of Whole ship - Outfit activities including Outfit systems, compartment design and integration activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. Supplying advice and support to internal and external customers ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Key skills required for the Senior Engineer - Outfit
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a Technology, Engineering or Science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
- Good experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses good knowledge of all aspects within current discipline
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade-off decisions
- Good Experience in an Outfit Ship Design environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers.
- Displays flexibility through response to radical changes.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are an Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything