Senior Engineer - Outfit
A Senior Engineer with Outfit experience is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Senior Engineer - Outfit role
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
Outfit includes the design or operation of:-
- Deck coverings, Coatings, Insulation & Linings
- Accommodation and Wet Spaces
- Ship's Access & Escape (i.e. doors, hatches, ladders. etc.)
- Evacuation & Lifesaving
- Removal routes
- Produce Layout Drawings for Outfit compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to correctly model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Prepare technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Produce Procurement Pack documentation.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Outfit facilities and equipment.
Key skills required for the Senior Engineer - Outfit
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a Technology, Engineering or Science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
- Good Experience in an Outfit Ship Design environment.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
If you are a Senior Engineer with Outfit experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything