Senior Engineer (Training and People Capability)
A Senior Engineer with Training Management experience is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Barrow.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Senior Engineer (Training and People Capability)) role
To lead training programme rollout for the Engineering Function in 2021.
To assist with other Talent Management activities within the People Capability team.
To provide support, oversight and governance to the Engineering function in relation to people capability and skills development. This will involve working closely with Domain Leads within the Function Team to address the people capability needs of their function. This role will also require interface with key stakeholders within the Engineering function to understand their needs and to provide support for them to enable programme delivery.
- To lead activities focusing on Talent Management within the function, in liaison with Domain Leads and line managers
- To maintain and assist in creating training delivery Statement of Requirements for Engineering, including production of tracking metrics throughout the year
- To lead the rollout of the Engineering Training Programme for 2021, ensuring that we maximise spend, achieve value for money and explore alternative delivery methods
- To support line managers to develop action plans for High Potentials and Succession Planning within the function and to drive improvement in how the function performs these tasks
- To assist with capture and analysis of skills/ competency management processes within the function (i.e. formerly ESM)
- Support resourcing processes and recruitment activities where required by the function
- Analysis of resourcing/ manpower data (such as EAC, RCT pack and BRP data) to understand demand for disciplines/ domains in Engineering
Key skills required for the Senior Engineer (Training and People Capability)
- Engineering background - Degree, HNC or similar with relevant experience
- Broad engineering experience and knowledge
- Previous experience of a functional/ capability/ training role
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including supplier networks
- Experience with training delivery or material
If you are a Senior Engineer with Training Management experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything