SENIOR HV ELECTRICAL ENGINEER- CONTRACT- £30-£40 P/H
Outsource UK's leading automotive client are looking to hire a senior HV Electrical Engineer to support design and development of the HV Battery, BMS, PDU and other High Voltage components within the Powertrain/Battery department.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· HV electrical design of one or more areas (battery, inverter, motor, DCDC converters) system and development on and off vehicles (motorsport or automotive).
· Selection of electrical components in battery systems such as fuses, contactors, precharge components and active discharge components.
· Liaise closely with the mechanical engineering team to ensure the design is optimised between mechanical and electrical requirements and meets the specification and safety standards.
· To carry out calculations as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the specified design performance criteria.
· Lead and manage small powertrain projects with multiple stakeholders.
· Ensure engineering activities are captured and scheduled in line with project timescales and costs.
· To develop electronics and software for the BMS (and potentially supporting rigs) including detailed design analysis, simulations, documentation, FMEAs, etc.
· To work within the BMS team to ensure that the final product meets UN R100 and / or FIA EV regs
· To fault find and debug complex electric systems.
· Degree Level of relevant engineering (electrical / electronics, etc)
· >5 years proven experience as a HV Electrical Design engineer in automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
· Experience with Battery testing
· Experience on working up to 850V DC systems
· Ability to understand and support a battery design.
· Ability to validate design through calculation and testing
· Ability to design and develop hardware and software for the BMS, PDU and CMM