Senior Mechanical Engineer - (Aux Systems)
A Senior Mechanical Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
Overview of the Senior Mechanical Engineer contract role
Applies specialist design knowledge in mechanical aspects of all Auxiliary Systems in order to resolve complex specialist design problems and issues.
Will assist with the development of auxiliary systems, providing design input to the subcontractor and assurance that the architecture and detailed design are fit for purpose, ensuring technical viability and safe operation of specific auxiliary systems that the individual is responsible for.
Will assist in the development of SQEP within the auxiliary sub-discipline
Key skills required for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Degree qualified in an engineering or other related discipline, although not essential.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- 5 Years' experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Knowledge and experience of shipbuilding, Operations processes and modern build strategies.
- Knowledge of processes and tools used in Marine Engineering
- Awareness of Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes.
- Awareness of external market and similar industry advancements and developments
- Understands how marine engineering integrates into other technologies and products.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the application of specialisation to the maritime environment.
- Wide range of Auxiliary system design knowledge in the following disciplines and specialising in at least one of:
- Fluid system design including flow modelling, flow calculations, use of pipes and valves
- Hydraulics and compressed gas systems.
- Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants (POL).
- Water Systems, including Chilled Water.
- Waste Management Systems
- Bilge, Sullage and Ballast Systems
- Scuppers, drains, vent and air escape systems
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh.
If you are a Senior Mechanical Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything