Job title: Senior Programme Manager
Location: North London
Competitive salary (commensurate to level of experience) + excellent company benefits package
Join a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of defence & security related systems. A leading defence supplier, they have a longstanding history dating back 250 years and are a market leading innovator for radar sensors and systems; specialising in various domains such as navigation, surveillance systems, security, airports, offering interesting and unique work.
They have unprecedented list of technology firsts, from the first type approved radar in 1947 to today the world's first commercially available, affordable and multipurpose solid state radar for maritime navigation.
A Programme Manager is required to control customer-funded and PV development/ production. Activities will centre on a small number of more significant programmes for which the Programme Manager could be expected to assist with the bid/scoping phase and then take responsibility for all aspects of the programme from, Project initiation to final acceptance and project closure. A close liaison with Sales, Contracts, Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Customer Services, Quality and Accounting departments within the Company will be required to fulfil this task.
- HND or degree level within Project management or equivalent experience.
- APM qualified would be advantageous
- A good knowledge of Project Manager techniques and processes
- Risk mitigation
- Good communication skills essential.
- Customer focussed
- Willingness to occasionally travel to visit Customer sites in the UK or overseas
- Programme scheduling
- Report writing
- Presentations to senior Management
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Financially and Commercially astute
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Management
- Negotiation skills
- Self-motivated individual able to work alone
- Knowledge of Military/ Naval contracts and processes
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- 5 years practical experience within a Project Management environment
- Experience in an Engineering development environment.
- Software development Project Management experience is highly desirable
- Experience of running Projects from conception, through implementation to closure
- Ability to manage and record budgets/spend and provide forecast information
- Sound customer care skills
Confident forward thinking can do attitude with the ability to be flexible and pragmatic
If you would like to apply for this role or find out further information please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK