Senior Project Manager - IT
A Senior Project Manager is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Senior PM contract role
The Project Manager required needs to have general IT Project Management skills as per below with strong stakeholder management, conflict management and financial management experience.
Key skills required for the Senior PM
- Preference for ITIL training.
- Change Management, Six Sigma, LEAN
- Agile Project Management
- Can demonstrate experience of collaboration and cross functional working
- Educated to degree level preferably in related discipline
- Familiarity with computer-based Project enterprise-wide projects and successfully managing suppliers as part of the project delivery team
- Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management
- Experience of working within an environment with mature and established governance practices and processes
- Proven experience of successfully delivering business outcomes as part of project delivery
- Strong knowledge of Project Finance Funding & Business Case Management
- Strong Project Management experience within the IT Services domain
- Proven experience of leading enterprise-wide projects / programmes, incorporating successful business change delivery, to meet strategic business objectives
- Strong experience of managing complex supply chains to achieve successful project outcomes stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; able to produce and deliver progress updates, proposals and reporting to audiences at all levels
- Able to elicit cooperation, facilitate business decisions with peers and customers, influence, engage and collaborate with stakeholders across multiple business groups and at all levels
The role is based in Preston, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool and Leeds
If you are a Senior PM looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Project opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.