Senior Project Planner - Schedules, Budgets and Critical Path
A Senior Project Planner with Schedules, Budgets and Critical Path experience is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a contract working within the Naval Industry on the latest frigate programme.
Overview of the Senior Project Planner contract role
Responsible for the development & definition of Level 1 or Level 2 schedules from Statement Of Work (SOW) / Project Control Account (CA) requirements aligning to the naval Ships WBS.
Responsible for the Project budget derived from Control Account Plans.
Monitor feedback and report on the network schedules to both internal and external customers.
Highly experienced in analysing and proposing solutions to slippage of key milestones by reviewing critical and near critical paths.
Core Duties required for the Senior Project Planner
- Translation of the ship design into Level 1/Level 2 schedules, logic, resourcing & budget
- Responsible for delivery of an enabled network schedule in line with the Integrated Master Schedule, declared cardinal dates and Quarterly look-ahead aspirations
- Responsible for the allocation of task budgets & alignment of workscope budgets with Project/CAM (Control Account Manager) targets
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within Plans and compliance to governance measures
- Provide key support and guidance to the CAM and IPT Managers through regular engagement and a visible presence "on the Floor" as the project moves through all phases, Engineering, Supply Chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
Key Skills required for the Senior Project Planner
- Proficient knowledge of Planning structures and principles (Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Product Breakdown Strucutre (PBS) etc.)
- The job holder demonstrates advanced IT skills and is proficient in the use of appropriate packages. (Primavera, Microsoft Office, etc)
- 5-10 years Planning experience desired or demonstrated skills
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Project Planner looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Planning opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).