Job DescriptionThe individual in this role will manage a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager with aspects of managing a larger project.
At this level the incumbent may supervise or guide one or two professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
You will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application. Core Duties
- Able to perform intermediate project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake intermediate problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a good knowledge of Business processes and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead a small non-complex project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Comprehensive PM experience demonstrated in a professional capacity within a project.
- Good knowledge and understanding of their projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of one or more Project Management tools techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
- Knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Experience of influencing stakeholders typically inside the company to achieve Business success.
- Good understanding of the wider PM environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to routine situations or situations of moderate complexity under limited supervision, in the field of PM, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Ability to capture, adopt and share good practice.
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk