Senior Quality Engineer - Shipbuilding
Based in Glasgow a Senior Quality Engineer is required on a 9 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Providing professional support, advice and guidance for all Quality aspects throughout the business
- Work closely with the Programmes and Functions to ensure Quality improvement initiatives are implemented and embedded
- Provide assurance & support, implement best practice, ensure standardization of Quality tools and techniques across Naval Ships
- Support with the facilitation of Quality training, support, standardisation, assurance and best practice activities across the business
- Implementation of Quality Tools and Techniques
- Lead / support Quality Investigation within the programmes
- Support cross discipline audit teams driving improved compliance
- Lead / support cross functional risk based process improvement auditing
- Liaison with third party auditors
- Support cost of poor quality activities and realise sustainable benefits.
- Undertaking assurance activities such as quality process confirmations and compliance checks
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent Engineering background with ideally experience of shipbuilding
- Support and provide in depth knowledge and experience of delivering quality improvement
- Detailed knowledge of Quality tools and techniques
- Strong technical knowledge, particularly within the areas of quality assurance, product assurance, quality control, quality management and third party management
- In depth knowledge of management systems, including ISO9001 and their application to projects
- Internal auditor qualified (IRCA Lead auditor qualification advantageous)
- Six Sigma or equivalent improvement training desirable
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything