Senior Software Engineer - 2 positions available
Eastbourne, up to £42,000
Outsource UK's leading Engineering client now have a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer at their Eastbourne facility to develop and maintain PC tools and web-enabled applications to support our product range. Requiring a strong knowledge of C#/.NET and general application development.
- To develop customer deliverable, PC-based tools to monitor and support Edwards vacuum products.
- Modifying and maintaining existing software to accommodate new customer requirements, and existing change requests.
- Providing technical support to service personnel and customer enquiries from the field.
- Microsoft .NET application development, specifically C# and ASP.NET, XUnit, using Visual Studio 2019 development tools.
- Experience and knowledge of network and serial data communications (e.g. TCP/IP & RS232/485)
- Windows application development using .NET Windows Forms, and WPF, windows services
- Inter-component communications (e.g. WCF, Web API (REST), MQTT and Web Sockets)
- SQL development, specifically SQLite and relational database design using Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Full software life-cycle awareness and Agile development (SCRUM)
- Source control (ideally using SVN)
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Virtual Server exposure, including Windows Hyper-V, vSphere/VMWare, OpenBox
- Build processes including Team City
- Data queuing/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, MQTT)
- Exposure to other database technology, including InfluxDB, SQLLite, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop,
- Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or electronics environment
- Industrial serial comms protocols - Modbus I/O communication
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org