Senior Structures Engineer - Nastran, Patran
Based in Preston a Structures Engineer with Nastran, Patran experience is required on a 11 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work.
The role to be filled cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills covering classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
- Plan, estimate and control structures engineering tasks for activities within span of control, performing tasks to cost and on time to meet customer requirements and business needs.
- Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
- Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed. Agree with line manager and deploy structures engineering methods, processes and data for activities within span of control
- Ensure effective interactions with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department and company.
- Provide efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of structures engineering toolsets and processes within the Structures discipline
- A proven Structures Engineer background within the defence industry.
- Engineering degree or BSc equivalent essential.
- Must have good Microsoft Office Outlook, CATIA V5, Hypersizer, Matlab/Simulink skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills, NASTRAN/PATRAN skills
- Good Communication, Team Working, Motivation Skills is also a must
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).