Senior Structures Engineer - Naval Ships
A Senior Structures Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow
Overview of the Senior Structures Engineer contract role
- Produce structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for either ship scantling issues or seat designs as required
- Liaise with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
- Prepare Design Sketches of structural solutions as required
- Structural solutions, calculations, design sketches and drawings supporting design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
- Design and Assessment Studies
- Technical Reports and Specifications
- Peer reviewing of other team members calculations where required
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- Knowledge of Classification Society (e.g Lloyd's Register) requirements with respect to the design of ship structures
- 2 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Typically degree qualified (not essential) , likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Structures Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything