Role: Senior Systems Engineer (Land Systems)
Excellent salary & benefits package to work for a world leader in their field!
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their systems division. They specialise in the development and manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector for naval ships and submarines. Also operating in the commercial sector, including airports within security systems.
- Experience of systems design, integration & test.
- An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
- An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
- A willingness to travel. (a certain amount of business travel will be required depending upon project requirements).
DESIRABLE (NOT ESSENTIAL):
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
- Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
- Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
- The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
- The ability to deliver engineering packages of work to time, cost and quality.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE).
- UK Security clearance.
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com