We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Technical Controller to help shape and establish a Technology General Controls capability across a complex technology landscape, spanning the business.
The Technology Controls team will need to introduce this skillset into our organisation. This team will ultimately be accountable for measuring, evidencing, and reporting on control compliance across critical technology products and applications across our business.
This new capability / skillset is required in anticipation of new and complex legislative changes planned to be introduced by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in FY23/24 that we will be required to comply with. This will mean establishing the right processes, tools and teams in the Business.
What I need to know
· Deep expertise and knowledge of compliance and regulatory controls and experience of implementing a technology control framework across a large and complex business. This is an emerging area where legislation is still being determined.
· Significant first-hand experience of working in a complex, large-scale technology organisation using a mix of on-premise, SaaS and cloud-based technology solutions.
· In-depth knowledge of US-based public companies and how they have implemented Sarbanes-Oxley controls across their organization.
· A good understanding of modern engineering practices and the application of technical assurance and standards in agile methodologies
· Sound judgement and resilience - the ability to assess a complex technology landscape and make a balanced assessment in a high-paced retail technology environment.
· Strong business and commercial acumen seeing Technology Controls and frameworks as an aid to business excellence, not an inhibitor
· Proven experience of collaborating with senior leaders and influencing across multiple business divisions and stakeholders up to Operating Board level.