Role: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Package: Up to £44k plus excellent flexible benefits
Outsource UK's leading Engineering manufacturer client is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join their Eastbourne site.
A great time to be joining….this is a company who recruited over 30 additional recruits last year and are looking to increase head count by a further 50 personnel (just at this site) in 2021, due to increased demand for their products and services.
They have over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.
- Strong electronic engineering background, including knowledge of circuit diagrams and the ability to identify the function of various types of analogue and digital circuit components; some design experience would be highly advantageous.
- Be able to fault find down to component level and determine the root cause for failure/damage in the associated circuit.
- Be able to produce reports on the findings to feed back to customers or the technology team. Experience in producing 8D reports advantageous.
- Able to support key customers through difficult investigations or problems. This will include agreeing realistic and effective actions with customers.
- Provide ongoing support to products with regards to component obsolescence and product compliance. Understanding of NRTL approvals (e.g. CSA/UL) Product safety (EN61010) and Environmental legislation (WEEE Directive, RoHS Directive, China RoHS Directive) is essential.
- Some experience in EMC related failure modes and solutions.
- Broad electronics knowledge including microcontrollers, embedded software, digital and analogue circuits, serial communications, power electronics, switch mode power supplies.
- Competent to work on high voltage single phase and 3-phase circuits.
- Must have good communications skills (verbal and written) and be a team-player.
- Have a good degree of multi-tasking capability and see multiple work streams simultaneously through to completion. This function will include good documentation and tracking skills and ability to delegate to others when required.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything