Role Name: Service Design and Transition- Associate
Location: London (flexible working)
Hiring Basis: 3 year FTC
Rates / Salary: £70,000 per annum
Outsource UK are looking to hire a Service Design and Transition professional for our leading financial client for a 3 year Fixed Term project. The Associate, Service Design & Transition (SD&T) is responsible for working with projects delivering new or large-scale changes to IT Services to ensure that they are designed and transitioned following the Service Design & Transition process.. This role will assist the Principal, Acceptance into Service in developing the SD&T Process & Service strategy in line with the IT strategy and administering the SD&T Portfolio.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Engage with new projects to assess their impact on service and agree the appropriate size and level of engagement for Service Design & Transition, including estimating the required level of funding;
- Based on the level of service impact, agree what SD&T deliverables will be required;
- Work with Projects to understand the impact to the Operating Model, provide recommendations, requirements and input into the selection of internal teams or contracting of external partners
- Assess readiness for projects to pass through PMO stage gates and input into Go/No Go decisions and other project governance;
- Produce SD&T deliverable such as Service Designs, Warranty Plans and others as required.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Deep experience of leading the Service Design & Transition process and production of associated artefacts
- A solid understanding of industry best practise IT Operating Models, common technologies and approaches to Service Design
- A practical understanding of ITIL in a maturing environment, ensuring a pragmatic approach is taken to its implementation and development.
- An understanding of how Service Designs are affected when adopting a set of different Project and Service Methodologies e.g. Agile, Scrum, DevOps & ITIL
- Strong understanding of project lifecycle and governance and ability to map Service Design & Transition activities and deliverables against it
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org