Service Design & Transition Lead - Office Move - Infrastructure
Based in London (working from home until further notice) a Service Design & Transition Lead is required on a contract basis to work on a relocation programme.
Candidates can work through a Limited Company for this role.
You will be a key member of the programme team, working closely with other areas of IT and the business as required. Line-management will be into the functional owner, (Principal, Acceptance into Service) and will be expected to represent the interests of the Acceptance into Service function/team within the programme.
- Creation of technical Service Design documents for new infrastructure services;
- Create and manage knowledge transfer plans;
- Create and manage completion of SACs and governance documents;
- Creation of migration factory governance with programme;
- Warranty/ELS definition and implementation;
- Hold the Project Manager to account to ensure that the project plans for and carries out activities required to maintain or improve existing services while they are being migrated, and that new services meet requirements.
- Contribute to and deliver improvements to the end-to-end Service Design & transition process where this aligns with the requirements of the project
- Understand and document operational processes that are impacted by the move to the new HQ. Where these will change after migration to the managed service, ensure that they still meet the requirements ;
- Understand and document service risks so that they can be mitigated or accepted by the relevant stakeholder;
- Ensure that service requirements are adequately captured within contracts and where this is not the case, feed in requirements.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong understanding of infrastructure services
- Experience of delivering Head Quarter/Relocation/Office move migrations
- Good working understanding of ITSM processes across the lifecycle as well as change management concepts, project quality and risk management concepts
- Experience of working in an organisation that is undergoing a significant technology or process transformation
- Experience of creating and documenting new operational processes
- Attention to detail and able to deliver high quality written and verbal output
- Ability to collate and summarise numerous data sources and present it to senior leadership in a way that facilitates decision-making. In particular the ability to assess and articulate risk
- Ability to work independently and quickly get to grips with a complex, fast-moving programme.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience of delivering Service Design Packages across multiple delivery teams and 3rd parties
- Experience of working with system integrators and managed services
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply asap and Outsource will be in touch.