Outsource UK are working with a leading Defence Company who are seeking a Service Systems Engineer for a 12 month contract based in Warton, Carnforth.
(This role is based inside IR35)
- Assessing customer requirements to understand the functional nature of new service solutions, or changes to existing service solutions
- Deriving technical functional and performance requirements for service solutions
- Working with multi-disciplined Subject Matter Experts to capture the design of component parts of the service solution (inputs/outputs, processes, locations, resources, and information needs)
- Integrating the component parts of the service solution into a single electronic model in order to:
- Test integration between the components of the service solution
- Test integration of the service solution with the broader support system
- Verify the service solution meets technical, performance and regulatory/legislative requirements
- Facilitate safety hazard analysis for the service solution
- Assess the impact of changes to service requirements or solution assumptions
- Analyse service operations to identify opportunities or risks
- Aid communication and decision making through presentation of structured service solution information
- Providing evidence from the service solution design into key internal and external reviews, such as Design Reviews, Technical Reviews, and Contract Closure Meetings.
- Supporting the implementation of service solutions through Declaration of Service Readiness
- Previously worked on IBM Rational DOORS (or equivalent toolset)
- Worked in Military, Defence or Naval industry.
- Over 5 years experience as a Systems Engineer
- Strong testing and integration skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with any Enterprise Architecture toolset
- Strong Communication skills
- Able to work in a team, independently and and Self Motivation are essential
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) in a STEM subject
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk