Outsource UK are currently seeking a Service Transition Manager for a 12 month contract based in Swindon. (This will be working from home for first few months.)
This role is based inside IR35
The RoleWorking across the Support & Revenue Platform Programme to lead the Service Launch and Transition workstream. Working with Programme Manager, Senior IT Supplier, Project Managers, Testers and whole Programme team. Working with the Programme Client, Business Readiness and Change Lead, Business Product Owners, Enterprise Architect and with the IT Operations Team.
Purpose of the position:
- Leads across all projects on the preparations for transiting new platforms/products into service
- Brings industry best practise to fill gaps in approaches/documentation (service design documents and service centre definition documents) or team understanding
- Prepares, consults and leads on developing and implementing the detailed 'launch plans' working collaboratively across the projects and with the business readiness lead
- Coordinates the launch command and control centre working to the centre commander
- Designs and leads the software configuration management process pre-launch and throughout hyper-care
- Ensures that services can be managed, operated and supported post hyper-care working with the support operating model lead having pre-defined the SLAs (inc. definition of P1, P2, P3) with the business against agreed business outcomes
- Leads on developing and implementing the decommissioning plans for legacy products
- Good working understanding of working on new platforms/products into service
- Experience of creating and documenting new operational processes
- Attention to detail and able to deliver high quality written and verbal output
- Ability to work independently and quickly get to grips with a complex, fast-moving programme.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience of delivering Service Design Packages across multiple delivery teams and 3rd parties
- Pragmatism and problem solving
- A team player with a positive and constructive attitude towards work and colleagues
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.