To provide SHE advice and assistance to an allocated business area within our clients Maritime Services.
Support Business Activities:
- Provide professional and accurate SHE advice on the requirements of SHE legislation to the business and compliance with company (SHE) procedures across Maritime Services, ensuring this is effectively translated to the business context and to agreed timescales
- Conduct SHE audits, inspections in accordance with internal procedures and OHSAS
- 18001/ISO 14001 requirements, to agreed and communicated schedule
- Investigate SHE accidents, incidents and non-conformances, producing comprehensive reports with root cause analysis in line with procedural requirements within agreed timescales
- Support SHE workshops are undertaken in business areas, aligned to the schedule
- Assist in the delivery of existing and new SHE management systems
- Participate in and support wider SHE activities, e.g. on call rota, public events, promotional events
- Take an active role in seeking innovation for improving SHE delivery
- Seek to further own professional development
- Embrace and actively demonstrate positive SHE behaviours
- Support the occupational health department as appropriate with focus on early intervention and rehabilitation of injured parties
- Embrace a specialist area of knowledge to become point of contact for the business (ex. Radiation, COSHH, working at height.)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (Certificate accepted, if working towards diploma)
- IOSH Technician membership (graduate membership desirable)
- IEMA Environmental Certificate or equivalent (qualification desirable)
And be able to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of SHE management systems and UK Safety Legislation.
- Practical internal auditor skills (OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001 Internal Auditor qualification desirable)
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite and web based tools.
- Excellent report writing skills
- SHE training delivery (Qualification desirable)
- Accident / incident investigation skills (Qualification desirable)
- Analysis of intentional and unintentional behaviours
- Good understanding of internal processes and procedures
- Knowledge of contractual and legal requirements of SHE specific to the MOD/Royal Navy and contractors
- Appreciation for the business context of the business unit and location within Maritime Services that they are supporting, including the SHE implications and considerations when supporting/offering advice.
- Leadership (Requirements of the position for providing leadership and guidance to others)
- Effective communication and collaboration with the wider SHE team
- Ability to influence the internal customers aligned to company process and values
- Appreciation of delivery partners within the MOD, RN and contractors and ability to influence and inform their decisions
- Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the position)
- Logical, analytical approach to pragmatic and effective problem resolution, using multiple information sources
- Strong time management skills to respond efficiently to short notice requests whilst managing scheduled commitments
- Ability to seek alternatives / innovative solutions to resolve issues referring to practice and precedence
- Nature of Impact (Impact on business by detailing the overall responsibility associated with the position)
- This role has an impact by delivering a quality and timely SHE service to the relevant business areas. The work is typically subject to standardised SHE procedures and practices. The Lead within the area will be responsible for decision making but this role will provide the information to the Lead in order to make these decisions.
Area of Impact
- The impact of the role is on the roleholders immediate team and those which are closely related teams. It is the role holders responsibility to provide a good quality SHE advisory service to enable the business to manage SHE risks, and demonstrate compliance to legal and company standards.
- Good interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to form relationships with MoD and operational customers including third party suppliers and companies
- Ability to work successfully with key stakeholders within the Company and the Customer base
- Balanced range of behaviours / competencies with track record of high performance
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk