A SIE Developer is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Broad Oak.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the SIE Developer role
- The SIE Software Developer leads the design, development and maintenance of software artefacts and integrations to tools and libraries.
- They are responsible for eliciting requirements from the business, suppliers and third-parties to create or adapt an appropriate solution.
- They utilise the common SIE architecture and patterns to reuse or extend as much functionality as possible.
- They are responsible for ensuring software functionality meets user, business and security requirements, best practices and criteria.
- Creates appropriate design documents to explain how system should behave, interact and interface with ecosystem for the consumption by various stakeholders.
- Ensure software is compliant with Maritime Services and business software governance. o Ensures software and third-party library license usage is appropriate and approved.
- Designs software with extensibility and reusability at the forefront.
- Designs Complex Event Processing logic to manipulate, enrich and enhance the data for further processing on the platform.
Key skills required for the SIE Developer
- Degree in Software Engineering, strongly related subject or relevant work experience.
- Previous experience of working in a Software Development Environment.
- Good knowledge of software languages and approach to software testing:
- Complex Event Processing / Stream processing (Esper or similar).
- junit, Mockito.
- SQL, NoSQL.
- Shell scripting, Linux, git, NetCat/WireShark.
- Experience of integrating with other systems.
- Experience of using continuous integration system (e.g. Jenkins).
If you are a SIE Developer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything