Based in Barrow a Principal Engineer (Site Safety Case) is required on a 6-month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
Hourly Rate: £53.73 PAYE or £71.67 Umbrella
- Performs analysis, evaluation and resolution of complex engineering issues and specifications. Developing innovative and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems and issues
- Accountable for the quality and delivery of own work schedule. The job has a direct impact on the quality of the overall solution provided by the team.
- Has an impact on the activities and effectiveness of developments associated with own team and engineering solution?
- Requires strong communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills. Typically, communication will be internally focussed but may include limited communication and interface with external contacts and customers. Is required to influence, guide and convince others to adopt a particular course of action
The majority of the following credentials apply:
- Assists in the production of estimates, creates and/or assists in the production of design requirement specifications
- Develops, promotes and shares new technologies for implementation across businesses and programme(s)
- Acts as Engineering, technical or design authority for a sub-system or Line
- Replaceable Unit (LRU)
- Provides technical leadership and guidance on matters relating to a discipline, may occasionally lead a team of engineers including line management responsibility
- Works independently or as part of a small team
- A highly experienced professional engineer, has a depth and breadth of knowledge in a discipline area
- CEng level or equivalent level of capability
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply for more information.