Role: Software Delivery Lead
Location: UK wide
Salary/rate: Up to £80k basic salary plus excellent benefits
A great opportunity to join a global high-tech aerospace, defence & security company as a Software Leader.
As the Software Delivery Lead, you will lead a large team developing embedded real-time software for a complex GNSS product development programme. Work undertaken will encompass all stages of the development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development and integration/test.
Key skills, experience & qualifications: -
- Responsible to Project Design Authority for all software related activities.
- Responsible for planning and structuring the work effectively, working with other technical leads to break down work into manageable packages and generate task definitions for the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that an effective software development process is applied; requirements are captured, reviewed, refined and traceable to design, implementation and test artefacts.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate design assurance and governance is applied to meet QinetiQ internal standards and any identified external standards.
- Ability to accurately cost work and manage risk.
- Production of written documentation (including presentation material) of technical work in accordance with Project requirements.
The successful applicant will be an experienced technical leader with a strong software engineering background, including:
- Proven experience of working in a rigorous systems/software engineering environment using formal design tools/methodologies (e.g. StarTeam, DOORS, Enterprise Architect, Altassian…) and high-level languages (e.g. C++, C#...)
- Proven knowledge and experience of specification, design and implementation of complex real-time software solutions for high performance embedded systems.
- Experience of structuring and successfully leading large teams of systems/software engineers engaged in development of complex real-time systems.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything