Software Developer - Instrumentation (C, C++ or C#)
A Software Developer - Instrumentation with C, C++ or C# experience is required to work on a 6-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Barrow.
This is a six-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Software Developer - Instrumentation (C, C++ or C#) role
As a Software Developer - Engineering, you will be responsible for electronic and software instrument development and maintenance of current instrumentation systems. This will involve working with various instrumentation systems including radiation monitoring.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop bespoke instrumentation solutions to support the construction of a unique product.
Key skills required for the Software Developer - Instrumentation (C, C++ or C#)
- Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering with software and electronics experience or related field
- Experience of programming in C, C++ or C#
- Knowledge of database development and use of the SQL language
- Experience with development of firmware for microcontroller-based solutions
- Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of digital electronics
- Knowledge of system development methodologies and techniques (including requirements capture and analysis, planning, design, implementation, and acceptance testing).
- Knowledge of system and software quality processes and standards
- Knowledge of software configuration control
- Knowledge of Engineering Life Cycle Management
If you are a Software Developer - Instrumentation with C, C++ or C# experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk