A Software Engineer with is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset
This is a contract within the Air Sector.
Our client currently recruiting for a Software Engineer at our Christchurch site. This long term appointment is a complement to the existing 25 strong team that provides support to a fully integrated command and control system to Royal Navy operations staff. This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including design, development, installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support - it is run solely from our Christchurch site for delivery to our customer at various naval HQs.
Key skills required for the Software Engineer contract
To fulfil this practical and 'hands on' role, the candidate should be qualified to diploma or degree level in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related discipline.
The candidate should also have an existing knowledge, a general interest or a willingness to learn the following. External or on the job training can be provided where required in most areas.
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment
- Systems design and systems interfacing
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
- System setting to work and system transition
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
- Should be familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of of integration rigs in the development of a complex systems
- Interfacing with sub-contractors
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
- Windows Operating system deployment and configuration (Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and later)
- Windows Security and Group Policies
- Automated software deployment using MDT or similar technologies
- Network security
- Active directory
- Oracle database configuration and management
- COTS software configuration and integration - backup, Anti-Virus, monitoring tools
- VMWare ESXi & vCenter configuration and management
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Software Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk