Software Project Manager
A Software Project Manager is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Yeovil.
Overview of the Software PM contract role
The Mission software area in Yeovil is responsible for a suite of Software products deployed into UK and international Defence organisations. The Products range from Mission Planning Systems for Fast Jet and Helicopter platforms, Technical Publications Viewers deployed to in excess of 50 Platforms Worldwide, Web Services, Tactical Data Link systems and Logistic Systems. Activities occur across the full Product lifecycle from Bid, through Development, into Installation and Long Term Support.
Key skills required for the Software PM
- Project management of development activities within a technical/engineering environment particularly within software (essential).
- Mentoring staff and leading teams
- Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
- Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Decision-making and leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Project management techniques and tools
The role is based in Yeovil, Somerset - commutable from Bristol, Bath, Trowbridge, Warminster, Frome, Salisbury, Blandford Forum, Dorchester, Weymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bridgwater and Weston-Super-Mare
If you are a Software PM looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything