Job title: Software Test Engineer
Competitive salary (commensurate to level of experience) plus excellent benefits
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their software division. They specialise in security and surveillance systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector as well as commercial platforms including airports.
To build and test software to support the company's products and services.
- Responsible for building manual and automated system/software level tests
- Responsible for producing Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports
- Perform all levels of test activities on the system/software
- Technical liaison within and with customers, and collaborators on software related matters.
- Estimate time and effort required for systems test activities
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques
- Help to improve the testability of software.
Undertakes additional project tasks as required by management
- Good Degree with Software Content or equivalent (lower qualification considered if backed up by relevant experience)
- Technical background
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Software Engineering Lifecycle, in particular test and integration
- A good knowledge of C++
- Willingness to travel.
- Practical experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
For full details on this role please contact Paul Ellis (pellis@Outsource-uk.co.uk ) on 0161 694 9203
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk