Solution Architect - (Remote)
A Solution Architect is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston. The role itself is remote working.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Solution Architect contract role
An opportunity has arisen for a Solution Architect to be based in the UK, within the Shared Services, Enterprise IT Services (EITS) Strategy and Architecture team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust and cost effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with EITS standards and policies.
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IM&IT solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Wintel desktop applications and plugins
- Familiar with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
If you are a Solution Architect looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.