DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
The Drivetrain purchasing team are responsible for the procurement and quality of components for transmissions and axles for Caterpillar machines for mining and construction equipment.
The successful candidate will report to the European Category manager and will support both procurement (including supplier recovery plans) and quality activities (such as PPAP). This role is specific to Purchased Finished Drivetrain components namely, friction materials, gearboxes and driveshafts
- NPI Procurement of components including engagement in APQP process
- PPAP's for new components in conjunction with the Supplier Development Engineer and Engineering teams
- Supplier recovery plans when suppliers are not meeting schedules in conjunction with facility supply chain teams
- Creation of Root cause and actions, documented and implemented as well as presenting output to stakeholders
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- Previous experience of PPAP's and the approval process.
- Ability to lead supplier facing elements APQP projects as well as prior experience of working with APQP's.
- Negotiation experience / Managing strategic supplier relationships
- Creation of supplier Recovery plans for Assurance of supply
- Presentation skills and managing stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of manufacture of splines would be desirable
- Previous Caterpillar experience