Supply Chain Advisor
A Supply Chain Advisor is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
Overview of the Supply Chain contract role
As Supply Chain Advisor you will undertake activities to support the Contract Managers in the placement and/or delivery of procurement contracts for a variety of ship equipment, complex systems commodities and materials.
The role holder will work closely with the Contract Managers, the functional systems team, Programmes and will liaise with and support external suppliers as necessary.
Key skills required for the Supply Chain Advisor
- Experience of Supply Chain/Procurement function and activities (2 year min)
- Experience in use of the following systems (or similar) :
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Able to identify Risks and Opportunities
- Able to analyse data and develop/produce reports and other MI
- Working knowledge of Regulatory frameworks on Supply Chain practice (Import/Export, ITAR, Defence Procurement Regulations)
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate at peer and management levels
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Working towards CIPS/Equivalent
Working towards HND/HNC or Degree Qualification in Business or Engineering discipline or relevant working experience in Supply Chain
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Supply Chain Advisor looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything