Outsource UK are currently seeking a Supply Chain Coordinator for a 6 month contract (with view to be extended) for a large manufacturing company based in Peterborough.
This role will be based remotely and may require the candidate to work from the office depending on COVID.
Candidate will also be required to work through Umbrella company or PAYE.
- Liaise with Material Planners to agree weekly material schedules to ensure continuity of supply and uninterrupted satellite facility track build. In addition, to understand Supply Chain capacity and capabilities in order to identify any continuity risks.
- Establish priority of material needs, expedite or de-expedite as demand schedule fluctuates and agree premium transportation as and when necessary.
- Make recommendations for Supply Chain methods as appropriate, i.e. Localisation, Direct Ship, Air freight or strategic stock.
- Manage inventory within your control and ensure that adequate steps are taken to burn off any surplus or obsolescence. Control firm periods and alignment to ensure systems reflect current and true demand.
- Process any design changes (Continuous Improvement's) as required and work with satellite facilities to agree cut in dates.
- Maintain excellent relationships with carriers and satellite facilities to ensure continuity of materials
- Prepare and present 'logistics' data monthly for metrics board.
- Approve all outbound freight invoices in line with agreed rates and service levels.
Skills and Experience:
- Worked for a Logistics, Manufacturing or Construction company.
- Previous Supply Chain experience
- Able to work under pressure
- External facing experience with suppliers or customers
- Effective communication skills and sound judgement and be able to work in a team structure
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills are important in order to identify needs, analyse potential alternatives and provide suitable solutions
- Used MRP systems (i.e. MFG Pro, SAP etc) knowledge
If you would like to be considered please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.