A Data Analyst with data modelling is required to work on a four month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Lancashire
This is a contract within the aerospace sector
Overview of the Data Analyst contract role
The purpose of the Supply Chain Data Analyst is to conduct data analysis to improve the supply chain operations.
Your job will help increase efficiency and reduce costs. In this role, you should have an analytical mind and a strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. If you also have experience in supply chain processes, we'd like to meet you. You will play a pivotal role in shaping and changing the way the organisation works as it moves into the future, from a reactive to a proactive organisation.
- Support engagement activities with the various customers identify data requirements/interfaces and collecting data
- Recommending improvements to improve performance and reduce costs
- Work with a number of stakeholders across various functions and business units to deliver service optimising capability in an agile manner
- Development of models, capabilities and process which can be used to analyse and manipulate data, identify trends enhancing our support to the UK Hawk fleet
- Gain a holistic view of what data is available throughout the life of an aircraft.
- Support improvement of trending and analysis techniques.
- Aid root cause analysis investigations for related aircraft systems / components / processes.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimisation projects
- Oversee inventory procedures (minimum balances, inventory additions, advance internal orders)
- Track KPIs and report on the supply chain's performance including that of Suppliers both internal & external to the operation.
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs & deliver clear & evidenced monthly report outputs
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- As a Data Analyst you may also be asked to provide help and guidance to internal and external sustainment issues and investigations. Additionally this may expand to support wider Air Sector working groups in the area of 'Drive Value From Data'. Performance Analysis models, across all responsible areas. Ensure any trends are identified and escalated, as appropriate.
Key skills required for the Data Analyst
IT Skills - Excellent knowledge of:
Microsoft Office Excel
Microsoft Office Word
Microsoft Office Powerpoint
Microsoft Office Project
Essential Personal Skills:
Key Role Competencies
* Logical & creative thinking skills.
* Ability to undertake numerical & statistical data analysis tasks.
* Validation of data analysis.
* Communicating analysis & key insights.
* Understanding analysis constraints.
* Knowledge of MS Office BI toolset Power BI, Cognos or Tableau Data visualisation and working experience of OPUS and Simlox would be ideal.
* Competency in data modelling, including knowledge of SQL
* Competency of supply chain process, inventory forecasting, demand management, inventory planning, warehouse planning
* Communication skills, written and verbal- you'll need to be able to deal with a fast-paced environment
* Presentation Skills to all levels
* Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are a Data Analyst looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything