Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Systems Design Architect/Consultant for a 12 month contract position based in Buckinghamshire - this role will be working remotely for the foreseeable.
Candidates will be required to work through Umbrella.
Responsibilities for Systems Design Consultant:
- The main purpose of the role is to estimate the cost of requests coming from different stakeholders through the Project Engagement Request 'PER' process by using their technical knowledge and by consulting the different areas within Platforms when required.
- Translating technical architecture and user requirements into a workable, resilient and cost effective technical design which conforms to the corporate strategy. The designs will be used by teams within Systems to deliver the required infrastructure and systems.
- Owning the process of validation of the technical estimations, ensuring both economical and technical requirements are met for each project and cost estimate then returned to the customer within an agreed SLA.
- Support the projects following an Agile methodology from a Systems design perspective, making sure their infrastructure is compliant with current capacity and performance standards.
- Systems Design Architect - Receive the architecture and translate to cost effective design knowledge on how systems work
- Delivery of high level infrastructure & systems designs
- Review that deliverables meet capacity and performance requirements.
- Ensure all infrastructure and systems designs are compliant with Corporate, local standards and follow best practices
- Working across internal teams but also across the business and T&O.
- Systems architecture expertise - Including PaaS, IaaS, Java base apps, DBs etc
- Understanding of HA and Disaster Recovery Techniques
- Understanding of capacity and performance considerations
- Understanding of Storage Areas Networks & Networks
- Used Technologies including: Cloud & Vmware, Windows Server, Unix, Oracle, SQL & UDB, Storage technologies (SVL, NetApp & Centerra)
- Have previous Cloud experience ( Private and Public)
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.