Systems Engineer - Future Combat Air Systems
A Systems Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset.
Overview of the Systems contract role
As a Systems Engineer you will work closely with our Technical Managers and Integration Engineers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs, bids and solutions that can be delivered on time and on budget.
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer may involve some of:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- Creating high level and detailed system designs
- Develop options for potential solutions
- Understanding of competitors and suppliers
- Performing sub system component studies
- Evolve and innovate existing solutions and new ideas
Key skills required for the Systems Engineer
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Design Solutions
- Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Requirements compliance and design to cost
- Verification and Validation
- Problem solving
- Developing supplier statements of work
- Supplier and customer engagement
Beneficial understanding of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications, platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything