Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Systems Engineer (DX) for a 6 month contract position based in Buckinghamshire.
This role will be working remotely and is inside IR35.
Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer:
- As part of the programme to improve the developers experience in the company, you will be responsible to build and maintain technology platforms to enable software solutions to be deployed and run independently by software engineers.
- The DX engineer builds and/or configures solutions that are easy to maintain and change, enabling a constant delivery pace.
- Responsible to deliver the best developer experience through the latest tooling available in the market for each of the engineering profiles in the company, including provisioning for developers.
- Understand and solve the challenges that developers face in their day to day with their machines and tooling used and provide solutions using latest technologies and innovations.
- You will be part of the developer experience function within a transformation plan.
- Stakeholders will be the developers and their needs will be your requirements.
- Aware of cutting edge technology and tooling for software development, recognising the tools required for each of the engineering profiles.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting MacOS devices
- Experience supporting recent versions of macOS (10.14 High Sierra, 10.15 Catalina)
- Experience with automatic device management and software provisioning (bash scripting, JAMF, MDM)
- Strong background in systems administration
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.